Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Starting the Process to Return to San Miguel de Allende

Yes it has been 3 1/2 years since we left San Miguel for what I had hoped was going to be an exciting and rewarding period back in the Bay Area.  There were several business related issues that needed to be addressed when we made the decision to return but also some personal items that both Jo Ann and I wanted to clean up.


Now it is looking like the time is right to start planning the process to return home and close the chapter on living in California and for that matter back in the US.  As I reflect on the period we have been back up here, it has been great, but I am more than a little concerned about the lack of leadership at both the Federal and state levels.  Couple that with the ever increasing cost of living here in the Bay Area and I just don't think it makes financial sense to stay here.


We are talking about the timing of the move back and I believe we will be in San Miguel by late October.  This, of course, depends on a number of factors including the sale of our house up here as well as getting all of our "stuff" moved back down to San Miguel.  Oh the joys of border crossing and the government bureaucracy associated with moving goods across the border.


So for those of you who still may have this blog in your rss reader or who have it book marked, yes, I am going to recommence the postings as well as my photography (both on this blog and my other one San Miguel Photo of the Day).  In the interim the posts will be about the process of moving back home, the hassles and inconveniences that are sure to arise and the personal conflict that always happens during such stressful activities.  I hope you will enjoy them, and may engage with them in creating a conversation that others will find interesting.


Soon I will be back and hopefully life can revert to the more peaceful pace that is living in San Miguel.

No comments: